Welcome

Come with us as we make our way from Good Ole' Texas to fabulous Hong Kong, China.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Starving Children in China

Where oh where has my motivation gone? Seriously, is everyone but me ahead of the game this Christmas? We do have a barren little Christmas tree (thank you IKEA), but the only presents under it are from Sam's school. I have money in my pocket, but the desire to get out there and spend it eludes me! I can't believe it, me, not shopping? Am I ill?

For one thing, Sam is home from school and makes everything 20 times more difficult. For another, a cold front has blown through and it just seems easier to stay snuggled up inside watching black market DVD's of Gossip Girl.

Today though, I am going to force my Big Fat Ass (which is slimming down thanks to all the walking we do) off the couch and into the mall which supposedly has a Toy's R Us! So wish me luck there, would ya?

So, on with the extremes.....

Here is a bit of realization that made me want to slap my mother for telling me such bullshit! If your kids are ever not cleaning their plates as much as you would like Don't guilt them into eating by telling them there are starving kids in China! There AREN"T! The kids we see in China are staying snug in their mommie's Audi SUV's while their nannies run into school to see if class is ready to begin! Also, they are not starving, they are happily eating hand made noodles in the back seats of their Daddy's Bentley. You heard me BENTLEYS! So there!

Our antecdote for the week?

Well on a night I didn't want to cook (yes I know this is every night, but this time Dan felt bad for me), we walked down to the local Pizza Hut. We ordered a Supreme Pizza and if you know Dan, you know he is a SALT-a-holic. So he asked the waiter for salt. The waiter said okay and brought back some Parmesan cheese. Dan says, no salt please. Waiter says okay and brings Tabasco sauce. Dan says thanks, but could I also get some salt. The waiter says ofcourse and brings red pepper. Dan says, this is not salt, this is pepper. Can I have some salt? Waiter says, oh sorry and brings the black pepper. How Dan kept his patience here, I will never know, especially with me laughing hysterically! The waiter comes back with another thing of parmesan cheese. Dan says, we already have cheese, what I want is SALT!!!!!!! Finally with nothing left on the shelf to bring, the waiter brings a tiny shaker of salt. Dan looks over the table and says, so there you have it, Salt, Pepper, and Graitude! I was laughing so hard the other diners were wondering what the hell was so damn funny! Gotta love China!

Hope your all having winter wonderland fun! We will be vacationing the next time I post so more Asian Excitement to come.

We love you All!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment