Welcome

Come with us as we make our way from Good Ole' Texas to fabulous Hong Kong, China.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

One week Ago....

Hi there ya'll! Well, we have officially been here for one week and what a week it's been! We are really loving it. I am trying to get into snapping some photos for you so I will try and post some next week.

Today I paid $60.00 *including tip* to get a full set of Acrylic nails and Samantha got a Mani and Pedi. Her first ever and she did so well! So, I can't exactly say things are cheaper here, but it's not sky high either so it's fine.

For all those who were hoping to be treated to some great deals, forget it! The things we love most are not all that great a bargain. For instance, I only brought my Birkin bag with me, because I always use it to travel with *not to mention, I don't trust it out of my sight*, anywho so I was in terrible need of a smaller purse so I went shopping.

I ended up with a very small, so-so Louis Vuitton copy and still paid $116.00. Nothing like Korea where you could score an original for $70.00. Sorry to disappoint my ladies, but no great deals so far! Also, on the same note, the $500.00 Ipad I wanted for my birthday is sold here for $1,100.00. No I'm not JOKING, it's a luxury + import tax! ARGH!!!!!!!

But I digress, other than my future of limited shopping, I am loving it. Oh yeah, and while I complain about money, Sam's school will be $1,500.00 more than we thought. OUCH!

Well, that has been my week. Tonight we are actually getting a sitter and going to a Work function for Dan. Oil and Gas talk will be a total bore, but atleast they won't be begging me to go down the slides with them one more time. Well, maybe after a few drinks they might, but who cares, I need an Adult Night Out!!!

Take care all of you. We miss our family and pals like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment