Welcome

Come with us as we make our way from Good Ole' Texas to fabulous Hong Kong, China.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Woes me and a Coffee Bun

"Oh woes me, my life is a misery, oh oh but can't you see, that I'm at the start of a pretty big downer!" - Song Quote from Rocky of The Rocky Horror Picture Show

I don't know why that song popped into my head as I thought of the word woes.

This week has been normal and frankly I can't understand it. Could it be that nothing here surprises me anymore? Could it be the adventure has run out on the People's Republic of China? I think not! Maybe as Global teachers guide my child and the Ayi guides my housework, I have simply grown complacent in my Uggs! Thankfully a change of scene is just around the corner. Yep, two weeks until a new adventure in Dubai. Don't worry, you will be right there with me!

So, last night Dan brings me a flyer offering fresh bakery goods delivered right to your door. I was so excited I put in an order immediately! I ordered some Foccacia bread with Olives, Sourdough Bread, A homemade Chocolate Swiss Roll (which I am thinking should be just like the little Debbie version only fresh and not yucked down by preservatives!) and something called a Coffee Bun. I ordered three of those, cuz hey I drink coffee and might need a treat to go with it!

Delightedly I opened the door this morning to the delivery guy with all my ordered yummies. As a matter of fact, I timed it so that I would still be drinking coffee when my Coffee Buns arrived. I didn't know what to expect, but envisioned something sweet like a Cinnamon Roll or at the very least a Croissant. And I got this huge bun that did look like a Cinnamon roll. It was large, round, soft, and the top was dusted with a brown powder that I just naturally assumed was a shit load of Cinnamon. YUM! So, I pop that sucka in the micro for 10 seconds, grab my coffee, and my Ipad and settle in for some "Mommy Me Time" bliss.

Unfortunately the first huge bite of bun flew right out of my mouth and across the room, landing politely on the bookshelves. Oh yes friends, powder was NOT Cinnamon. Powder was COFFEE! Duh, I guess that's what makes it a Coffee Bun!!! It is a dinner roll covered in Coffee! OMG, I thought I was never going to get the grit out of my mouth. and guess what folks, trying to chase it down with half cold coffee did not help matters a bit! I swear, I almost lost dinner from last night. I gagged and gagged and finally swished up enough spit to wash the God Awful Oil Dust powder out of my mouth. So there I was, leaned back against the Piano, huffing and panting and half choking, and thinking "Good Lord, Priscilla, when are you going to freakin' learn?" I should have expected the unexpected! All in all though, the Bakery rocks, minus the Car Bomb worthy Coffee Buns!

How I would love to be home with a plain old Chocolate Croissant from Starbucks or as Kelly made me crave, a Vanilla Dr. Pepper from Sonic, oh or some Chic-minis from Chik-fil-a. Oh I could go on and on about what America has that the rest of the universe lacks. They can keep all their beloved McDonald's, just send me some Arby's! lol

Anyway, I'm sorry it was a boring, less than note worthy week, but I still wanted to touch base with all of you to let you know how much you are missed.

I promise to try and stir up more trouble for next week, so just bear with me!

Prissy

So, how was your morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment